Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And I'm back...let's hope for good

Okay, so I haven't posted in forever because I have been doing physical therapy for the past 4 weeks for my ITBS. Without running, I have not really had motivation to exercise. I have mentally tied exercise with running so that when I'm not running, I have no desire to exercise. If I was at school, I would at least have exercise classes at the gym to go to, but here at home in MD with no gym, I am not able to push myself to do anything but run. With that said, I have been very good to rest up when I should with my ITBS and did not push myself when I needed to. This is good for my running and health in general, but not so great for my training. I totally forgot that my school's track club registered me for the Philadelphia Rock 'N' Roll Half Marathon for September 19th. Whoooops. With now less than 4 weeks, I know I won't PR, but I'd like to at least be within 5 minutes of my PR.

After that, I have to then decide if I can do the Marine Corps Marathon on Halloween. To be honest, I do not want to do it if I do not think I can PR. My goal is to break 4 hours and my PR (three years ago) was 4:01 and this past fall, I ran one in 4:02, so it's doable, at least before my injury. I am really afraid I won't be able to run it in my goal time, so I have to wait the next few weeks to decide what I will do.

For now, I have to feel happy that I ran 7.25 miles today at MP + 11 seconds on average. For that, I am ecstatic and feel like a million bucks. Let's hope this can keep up....

No comments:

Post a Comment