Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just Dance

I ran for the first time in 15 days. I was able to run 7 miles with pretty minimal ITBS pain, but there was still more than I'd like (obviously, I'd want none). This run was also really awesome because I was able to test out my costume for the Marine Corps Marathon, which is of Lady GaGa. I purchased a blonde wig from K-Mart, bejeweled a sports bra, purchased black running briefs (okay, they are really running underwear, but they'll serve the same purpose), and purchased some big black shades with some bling along the top (these were actually for me to wear, but I realized how awesome they would look with the costume, so I ran with them). I am aiming to look like her in her "Just Dance" video (pictured to the left) and by golly, I think I look a lot like her once my costume is all on.

Testing out the costume was pretty funny because in all honesty, there's a fair amount of nakedness seeing as I am only wearing black underwear as bottoms. Running my 7 miles through neighborhoods in Rehoboth Beach, DE (where I am currently to celebrate the Sherpa's/Mom's birthday) was pretty hysterical. I got so many funny and confused looks from older people and an even weirder one from a fellow runner. I also was honked at by some movers (I never understood why cars would honk at female runners. Do they just want to say, "Hey, we appreciate your looks," or are they cheering on my healthy lifestyle? I just think they are being pigs). Overall, the shades, wig, and briefs all worked out great and I am beyond excited (and a little nervous) to wear the outfit 7 short days.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Gunna need some pics. Im running a costume 5k Saturday. Nothing too cool though, just poofin up my hair, making it white, and sporting a sweatervest to be Albert Einstein. Oh and a sweet mustace.

    Good luck and I hope the knee holds up!

    ReplyDelete