Thursday, October 21, 2010

Where have I been?

Man, who knew school would make it impossible for me to blog? In most cases, I had homework to focus on, so I couldn't really blog with any good conscious when I had homework. I also have been injured with an ITBS flare up. I haven't run in nearly 2 weeks to try to rest it, but with my marathon just over a week away, I am getting antsy. I'm hoping to try running tomorrow to see how it goes.

Today, on a walk home from class, I realized that during my co-op (and lack of one when waiting for it to start), I really used running as an escape. While I awaited my co-op, running was something I could put my energy into it. When my co-op started and I felt unfulfilled in the work, I used running as something to keep me excited and to be an escape. Now that I am back at school, taking classes, working two part-time jobs, involved in lots of clubs, and attempting to find a job since I graduate in December, I am struggling to find the passion for running. Well, that's not true. I loved running, but it was tough to fit it in. This injury right now has made me kind of forget I used to run so much. I think I have been so busy that I haven't even had time to think about it and then when I do, I freak that I won't be able PR the marathon. I shouldn't aim to do that, but I am too competitive to just "run" a marathon.

Okay, enough blabbing. After my run this weekend (and test run of my costume for the race), I will update this to reveal of all systems are a go for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment